Safety above all - Costa Cruises
Safety above all
From crew to guests, from ports to ships, from embarkation to disembarkation: all the health and safety protection measures we activated to protect our Guests and offer them a peaceful holiday
In order to ensure maximum safety for our Guests and crew, we have developed new prevention measures on board our fleet. These have been designed to guarantee our guests a pleasant and safe holiday experience at the same time.
Costa's safety measures
To guarantee the health and safety of our fleet, Costa is also working with the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), an internal health and safety team and a group of independent scientific experts in public health, to develop new operating procedures tailored to the needs in response to the COVID-19 situation, in compliance with national and international health standards.
Costa relies on the Biosafety Trust Certification issued by RINA (Italian Naval Register) which guarantees the safest sanitation requirements and prevention standards in the market. Also, Costa strictly complies with the American USPH standards (more restrictive than the European ones) regarding hygiene control and safety of the environments and food supply.
The security measures put in place concern all phases of the journey, from arrival to the terminal, on board life, excursions and both the prevention and management of health problems that may arise.
- ONLINE SERVICES FOR GUESTS
In order to guarantee maximum safety during interactions between guests and crew, we are designing the best technological and digital solutions for both shore side and shipboard.
- Online check in is guaranteed and can be carried out in the total comfort and safety of your home, avoiding gatherings and limiting the interaction with staff at the boarding terminal.
- Prior to boarding, we will monitor the health of our passengers by requiring them to complete a mandatory online questionnaire certifying their state of health.
- We will offer the possibility to book experiences online before departure on MyCosta; life on board will be easier and more interactive through the utilization of the Costa APP, interactive onboard monitors and QR codes, for a state-of-the-art, safe cruising experience
- SAFETY PROCEDURES IN THE TERMINAL
During embarkation and disembarkation, we will follow important safety and prevention procedures for all our guests and crew.
- The body temperature of all passengers, crew and visitors will be taken by means of a thermal scanner every time you board the ship.
- At the terminal, the use of individual protective equipment will be mandatory for everyone: guests will be required to wear a mask.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING
We will follow strict safety protocols to ensure social distancing, so you can socialize in complete safety on board.
- Reduced ship occupancy: to ensure social distancing with ease, the maximum number of passengers per cruise has been significantly
- Reduced occupancy and controlled access of entertainment and relaxation areas: the common areas have been redesigned, in line with the new rules.
- Safety signs: will be present in all areas to remind everyone of the need to maintain a safe distance.
- SANITIZATION OF AREAS
All of our ships will comply with stringent onboard hygiene protocols, based on sanitary standards approved by the World Health Organization.
- Sanitization of surfaces and common areas: the internal and external public areas will be sanitized multiple times a day with antiviral disinfectants; common restrooms will be sanitized even more frequently.
- Specific products: we will use sanitization technologies and specific, highly effective disinfectant cleaning products on all surfaces and furnishings.
- Cabin disinfection: cabins will be delivered to guests only after having undergone an antiviral disinfectant treatment. The cabins will also be cleaned and disinfected daily.
- SAFETY EQUIPMENT
We will offer safety equipment to all our guests, staff and suppliers during their stay, to be used on board and shore side.
- Safety and sanitation equipment for all guests and staff: numerous hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at the terminal and in all the main areas of the ship at all times. In addition, masks and gloves are available upon request during your stay.
- Protection on board: all crew will be equipped with the necessary protective equipment, in accordance with Italian regulations, to carry out their work with the highest health standards.
- Protection during excursions: our buses are sanitized after each use and social distancing is guaranteed by a reduced capacity; moreover, the tour guides utilize protective masks to help you discover the most beautiful places safely.
- SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR THE CREW
We have tightened and reinforced the hygiene protocols that our crew must comply with.
- Daily screening: onboard personnel must carry out body temperature screening before and after each shift.
- Specific staff training will be performed, relative to the compliance with safety protocols and practices in accordance with current health regulations.
- SAFETY IN RESTAURANTS
The Food & Beverage services will be adapted to the current situation, with further strengthening of safety and control measures.
Distancing: The space between the seats at the tables and among the tables themselves has been designed to dine in total safety; in addition, access to the main restaurants will be predefined and controlled to avoid gatherings.
Only table service will be available, for both meals and drinks, which will be served exclusively at the table by our restaurant crew.
Food safety: as always, we will apply the strictest safety protocols in the procurement and food handling processes.
- MEDICAL SERVICE ON BOARD AND SHORE SIDE
All Costa ships are equipped with a medical center, consisting of qualified and experienced doctors and healthcare professionals, continuously updated on the protocols and healthcare standards to counter the spread of COVID-19. The health of our guests and crew is our top priority